Saturday, July 21, 2012

I HATE senseless violence. I live in the United States of America, so I guess I'd better get used to it, huh? HELL and NO!!! Obviously, I am implying that I think there is such a thing as sensible and purposeful violence, since I have stated I hate senseless violence, so let me remove that implication: yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as sensible, purposeful, and even necessary violence. For example, I see someone attacking your mother and I step in and beat the dog crap out of them: THAT, as long as I only did what was necessary to subdue the assailant and remove the threat to your dear mother, is purposeful, sensible, and necessary. When are we as a nation going to rid ourselves of this misuse and abuse, this INTENTIONAL MISINTERPRETATION of the 2nd Amendment? I mean, THIS IS A DANGEROUS PLACE. The violent mentality of this nation IS A PROBLEM. As I turn a jaundiced eye towards my own fragmented Tribe, I scream "What gives?" even louder. WHEN DID WE LOSE THE BASIC APPRECIATION OF AND FOR LIFE? What is going on? And, yes, Parenting is the issue as well as the solution. PARENT YOUR CHILDREN. DISCIPLINE YOUR CHILDREN. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN THE MORES AND FOLKWAYS OF OLD. SHOWER THEM WITH LOVE SO THAT THEY WILL LEARN TO LOVE. RESPECT THEM SO THAT THEY WILL INSTINCTIVELY RESPECT THEMSELVES AND OTHERS. EDUCATE THEM SO THAT THEY WILL VALUE LEARNING AND CRITICAL THINKING. OUR VERY SURVIVAL DEPENDS UPON IT. I'm not feeling one iota of sorrow or pity for those parents that refuse to actually parent. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY EXCUSES. I know too many widows, widowers, single mothers, single fathers, grandparents, and others that have stood up and did the BLESSED THING to hear ANY excuses. The life of grief that you get you DESERVE, especially in light of all of the drama WE have to deal with because you FAILED to deal with YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. MAY YOU REAP WHAT YOU HAVE SOWN IN SPADES!!! I pray for victims of senseless violence EVERYWHERE. May you be COMFORTED in your hour of travail.

No comments: